As an HP instructor, I’m often asked about details on exam and what it should be studied for the objectives. With that in mind, I wanted to post information to help my students better navigate the HPExpertOne Networking Exam Objectives to the appropriate technology and get a sound understanding of material covered in the course.
HP ASE Certification
HP0-Y43 EXAM CONTENT
Networking Architecture and Technology 15%
- Identify and describe networking architecture and technology.
- Apply Quality of Service concepts.
Solution Implementation 31%
- Install and configure multicast protocols.
- Install and configure IPv4 and IPv6.
- Install and configure routing.
- Implement advanced VLAN types
- IP subnet-based
- Voice Vlan
- Isolate user VLAN
- Super VLAN
- Install and configure the management and administration solution.
Solution Planning and Design 6%
- Plan and design to achieve a deployable solution.
Solution Optimization 32%
- Tune advanced Layer 3 routing protocols.
- Secure wired/wireless devices in small to medium sized networks
- and mitigate basic security threats.
- Manage network assets using HP tools.
- Optimize L3 routing protocol convergence and scalability
- static routes
Assess how to optimize network availability:
- Assess sensitive traffic and determine appropriate tools for optimizing traffic flow (QoS, DiffServ, Multicast/IGMP/PIM, IRF, bandwidth limitations, rate limiting, trunks, MSTP, multipath routing).
Solution Troubleshooting 11%
- Secure the network and mitigate security threats.
Solution Management 5%
Perform network management:
- Configuration Management
I would like to thank Computer Data for providing me access to equipment to demonstrate the technologies.